Popular Posts

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Post 10



An Open Letter to Educators
By: Morgan Bayda

I can so relate to this blog post. It describes the educational setting in any school you walk into. This is sad. We go to school and in most of our courses we sit and listen to someone talk endlessly about things we could care less about. Then we go home and memorize it just so we can make a passing grade. As soon as
we walk out of the class on test day, we never think about what we learned again.
The video by Dan Brown was so true. Schools are way behind in times. Education has not changed with the world around it. If it doesn't, it will go extinct. People are already attending homeschool and attending college from home on the internet. So, why should we keep putting money into these huge buildings at Universities that will be useless. It makes more sense to educate yourself in your own way. Then, you have actually learned what you "have" to research on your own.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this post. I have before walked into a class and on the last day when I left I felt like I did not learn a thing. So many times teachers and students teach just enough and learn just enough to get by. And this needs to change, we need to be able to learn after all that's what we are paying for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leiha,

    I too have had classes where all you do is try to stay awake! We need teachers like we are trying to train here in EDM. I think we all agree that the way most students learn today is not going to help them at all in life. We need to get this right!



    From Dr. Strange: You did not comment onTom Johnspn's post Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home. I will complete my post Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them (A Learning Opportunity) later this week. After this post appears on the Class Blog you will be required to leave a comment. Watch the Class Blog for further instructions.

    ReplyDelete